EXT ERA V2 LONG TRAVEL 180mm
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
EXT ERA V2
Suspension is one part of a complex system, connected to the bike and directly to the rider. EXT took a new approach when designing the ERA V2 fork, looking at dynamic geometry, bringing together the needs of the bike and rider to offer the best performance to both. The ERA V2 fork uses the EXT HS3, hybrid air spring. Two positive air chambers work with one, high volume self activating negative air chamber. Combined with a high-volume damper cartridge this system offers incredible tuning capability and sets a new level for support in a suspension fork.
The Era V2 introduces features and upgrades that aim to improve the experience, safety and performance of the previous production.
At its core the ERA V2 has the same configuration that made ERA famous and appreciated: HS3 system, creak free crown, great mid stroke support, excellent stiffness and performance. The new magnesium lower design that makes them lighter and load-optimized and it’s made possible by a specific production process called Thixomolding. Other improvements are addressed to increase sensitivity, smoothness, lubrication and safety like the improved end-stroke devices for the HS3 system, the top up bump rubber and titanium plate that reduces noise on ++ chamber or the new DU design that grants better lubrication.
HS3 is focused on mid-stroke support around the dynamic sag position while offering amazing sensitivity and bottom out protection. The air spring is complemented by an integrated coil spring to create a frictionless sliding movement and a highly responsive fork giving the best grip to the front tyre. New, patent pending, crown design that increases stiffness in all load directions and gives more riding precision.
ERA looked at everything that needed a low friction solution to improve smoothness and sensitivity, that took to their motorsport heritage:
Developed in the World Rally Championship the new DU bushing material used in the magnesium Lower are sized to a defined tolerances for each fork assembly and work in harmony with dedicated EXT oil and guarantees zero stiction and super low friction properties even when combined with high side-loads.
ERA V2 adopts an innovative Floating internal shaft guide in the damper cartridge uses a Superfinish shaft taking friction to the lowest possible level. EXT high-volume cartridge uses a high flow piston to generate control for your bike, the ERA V2 is a performance upgrade for your bike and your riding. Like all EXT products the ERA V2 offers a fully tunable fork with a useable damping range for each rider and riding style.
The new cartridge also introduces a new Bump valve design (HDRV – High Dynamic Response Valve) with 2 different shim stack for mid and high speed and an internal Floating Piston guided piston combined with a bespoke thrust bearing to enhance fast response and guidance.
- HS3, Hybrid coil and air spring: with 2 adjustable positive air chambers and high volume negative chamber
- New Crown design: forged AL 7050 T6 to substantially increase stiffness
- High volume Cartridge with Ø22 mm piston, engineered circuit to separate bump and rebound oil flow
- HDRV unique compression valve system Ø24 mm piston
- IFP reservoir Ø24 mm piston
- Dropout 15QR Boost Torque Cap® compatible (15×110 mm)
- 3 way adjustable, Low and High speed Bump and Rebound
- Main strut low friction system: new DU bushing material from our WRC technology combined with dedicated EXT oil
- Cartridge and Air spring low friction System: innovative floating shaft guide combined with the EXT proprietary coating and superfinish chrome shaft.
- Weight: 2275 g (29” 170 mm with uncut steer tube, axle and lube)